Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 10

Holy smokes. We have been gone for 10 days!? It feels like we have been gone a whole month. We learn so many new things daily and am always doing something. It's really crazy to think we will drive to an airport tomorrow. Although we will still be in South Africa I have an idea that it will be nothing like it is here. We have had such a good time with our group and have made some really good friends. Even some from Denver. I really don't feel like coming back. I could stay with these animals forever. I'm sure it is second nature, being from here, and seeing zebra on your way to work every day. I guess I'll just have to appreciate it for 12 more hours. In the morning we are doing a walking safari for 2 hrs and then am headed out. We will drive 3 hrs to durban and then fly to Cape Town for 4 nights.

Today we visited both the elephant and cheetah rehab facilities. It was a very interesting tour. W got to stick our hand on the elephants tongue and the pet a cheetah. I was fortunate. The cheetah really liked me and I got to pet it for twice as long. I didn't take my iPad into the cage so will have to wait to upload my picture of it when we get home. I can't wait to make my mother completely jealous. :)

it is 11p here so headed to bed. Tomorrow morning our group is pulling a prank on our ranger. If we all participate and pull it off will be great.

No comments: