Monday, October 5, 2009

color help, par favor

once upon a time when we first got married we got a really cool comforter on sale. we really liked it a lot until i decided to wash it (without reading directions, of course!), which resulted in all the insides balling up into several large and small lumps, and we have now called the blanket LUMPY. lumpy is scheduled to be picked up by the garbage truck today (after not giving up on it all summer) so i had to buy a new comforter..... triggering me to re-do the entire bedroom.

since you all did so well with the bathroom color i'm giving you another task. i ordered a comforter set from overstock and thought it was just tan. turns out it is tan AND gold. this is fine because the metallic reflects light down there. anyway, i'm very torn about the color since there is virtually no natural light down there. please, please, vote on the color of the bedroom and help me decide--- you only have until sat.

things to take into consideration:
a) again, like, NO light down there
b) i REALLY don't want to turn into my mother and have a tan and gold room (no offense mom!)
c) i'm scared that a light smokey grey color will be periwinkle
d) just return the comforter set?

(yes, i do realize that there are pillows that match each other [along with decorative pillows,] which may be a bit much for us. )

THANK YOU!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

In the picture the brown walls don't look too shabby. I would suggest ditching some of the "set" pillows and adding a couple-few decorative pillows (maybe red?) bringing a bright color into the room. I think that you just need some major accesorizing to help brighten up the space. The bill for my consult will be in the mail today.

Unknown said...

The walls look great! The pillows look fluffy. I just hope the room doesn't feel to stuffy.

The blanket looks warm, but so are you. I can't wait to get home and see our new room!

I hope you don't find this post too corny. But I'll bet you this, I'll be h@&&*!

Kim said...

Hilarious!!! Nicely done Dallas!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with turning out like your mother???!!!

Breezer said...

Whoa. Whoa...

Whoa.

OK. I would go with a grey/blue color. That's what we (i.e. Teri) picked for our bedroom and it looks really nice. We have a bit more light due to windows, but it is in no way "periwinkle".

And the great thing about paint is that you can change it. We started with some pretty red walls but the change to grey/blue was a great choice. And don't trust me. It was Teri's choice...

Lisa Strong said...

Andi, Andi, Andi... TAN??? GOLD???

I like the metallic, how about a deep stormy blue/plum on the back wall and a soft warm gray on the other walls?

(or faux the two together on the headboard wall... had to go there)