Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today is the day!!

I have some really great people in my life. Props to Dallas and aunt cindy being there for me before I had a complete breakdown. But today is my big launch party at cured (18&pearl boulder). Come down between 12-3 and eat chocolate! Not everything is perfect like I want it to be, but its going to work.

We had a little printer issue this week. It went like this:

(plan a) Tuesday: I begin making boxes on my printer on the 100# paper, which the paper is totally being a brat and not printing well at all. It starts to work.

Wednesday: I talk to my marketing friend. 100# paper isn't good enough for first impression stuff. We should use the extra thick cardboard stuff which my printer won't print on. But kinkos has had luck printing on it in the past. (plan b) I drop my paper and order off that evening, feeling great that I actually planned ahead.

Thursday: kinkos is swamped and getting repair stuff done to their printer. Can I wait until tomorrow noon? Not ideal but we can make it work.

Friday:
Noon: no call
2pm: they are still working on printing it
4pm: still working on it
6pm: about ready to lose it, I drive down to see what is going on. I mean, surely they are done with my 100 boxes, right? Nope. They got some roller changed out and are wasting 2 sheets for every 3 going thru. I had to special order this paper. I leave the store about ready to cry.

Plan c: go to office depot. They can't do it because they are short staffed but could have it ready in the morning. I can't wait until then. Call staples. They can't do it either.

Plan d: go home and cry. I will have to use the 100# paper and just make it work. Not my #1 choice, but at 7:30 I'm desperate. My printer will take all night. Dallas suggests we go to undisclosed place to print. It prints great! All 120 front/ back pages look great!! Go home. What? Die cut doesn't line up? Huh? It does when I print a b&w copy on our printer. Dallas and I missed the minute "shrink to fit" Button nestled in some secret spot. Awesome. Now I have 15 sheets left of my 100# paper.

Plan e: (10:00)knight in shining armor, Dallas, offers again to go to undisclosed place just to see if my 15 sbs cardstock will work. It works! So so happy!!! Well, the 2-pack doesn't print off well since it keeps cutting off part of the boxes. I don't care. Print what you can Dallas!!!

11:30. Begin the die cutting/folding/glueing process. So, so happy my die cut work.

2:15a: finish all the boxes.

Plan f: Andi goes to friends house at 7am to use printer that works. Print quality isn't there but beggars can't be choosers.

See you at noon!

No comments: