Monday, July 18, 2011

weekend

Ahhhhh....the weekend was a blur--
my favorite!!!

This past friday was most likely my last friday off for a long while, so my parents and i hiked quandry peak. i'ts a tough climb (capturing 3300 ft of elevation gain in only 2.5 miles) and they did great!

saturday my parents did my honey do chores, which had been on my nagging list for sometime! go mom and dad! it was great. they: cleaned out my refrigerator (which was rather embarrassing) and my kitchen, fixed my bathroom sink, put in a medicine cabinet (my stuff has a home now!) and fixed our swamp cooler-----all before noon!

sunday--
liz and i tackled mount elbert, the tallest mtn in co. we had a killer pace going up. i couldn't help but gather satisfaction every time we passed a group of dudes. (naturally competitive i suppose?)
like always, it was beautiful up there. a lot of snow has melted, even just since hiking massive 2 weeks ago. below--mt massive as seen from going up elbert

liz is much better with my slow ancient camera than dallas and i combined. she got a sweet air shot---so cool. thanks liz!
sunday night--- volunteer at church preschool and in bed at 8:30.
exhausting weekends rock.

No comments: