Tuesday, January 12, 2010

thanks for cooperating, fed ex!

since i don't live anywhere close to frontrange cc, i, for $10 more, asked for my books to be mailed to me. sounds lazy but it saved me a lot of time. since i was not able to stay home today and wait hand on foot (to sign...how dumb) for the fed ex person, i left a very nice note instead. it worked awesomely. (this also works for the very nice ups people as well).
here is an example of such a note:
reads: dear Mr/Ms Fed Ex person,
it will be pretty impossible to catch an adult here during the day to sign for the package. it is only organic chemistry textbooks and i doubt anyone would really want that kind of thing. you have my permission to leave my package in the bushes or wherever it is easiest for you. thank you, andi


like clockwork, guess what showed up on my doorstep while i was gone:
*music (REM)* its the end of the world as we know it.... *music end*O-chem--YEOW!
yes, instead of watching biggest loser next week in my pajamas i'll be stuck in a classroom learning about the carbons and other organic molecules that create what we call life.
yeah.....
i'm less than thrilled.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's that on the textbook? Steamed rice with tomatoes? Anyway, I noticed they way you write our last name looks like a little tornado. A tornado of furry because of all the humps, bumps and slumps involved when you spell it out completely. D

Anonymous said...

Ditto Dallas's comment....are you already practicing for Rx??

andi said...

actually at work they told me that my handwriting was too neat for anyone in the medicine dept. it has to get messier! and yes, it is a crab on the front of the book, the ugliest crab in the universe for that matter. whoever is in charge of picking out covers for McGraw Hill needs fired.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the text book, as well, and at first glance I thought this post was to gravitate toward some dog in the neighborhood, that happed to ralph on your textbook. 2nd..I rarely write my last name completely...It's just a half-way scribbled "B", then a bunch of squiggles. Ah well.

Douglas Burnum