Tuesday, September 22, 2009

driving home from work today i spotted this:
Christmas lights on the tree.
i'm really not a humbug grinch but ......
dear over-anxious christmas tree light put-ter uppers:

just yesterday was still considered summer, and
i realize that today is the first day of fall,
and it is supposed to snow tonight,
and that you feel since you have less than 182.5 days left before Christmas
it is ok to put lights up a good month before halloween.
but last i checked it is still september, i still have raspberries on my bushes out front and i did
get sprayed on by the building's automatic sprinkler system
getting this shot.

maybe next year you shouldn't be so antsy-in-your-pantsie and maybe we could wait till at least thanksgiving for some holiday spirit, perhaps?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Babe! You can change the camera back from 16:9 ratio, unless you enjoy the wide-screen photos. I noticed they were wider than previous posts.

Chels said...

Loved this post--made me laugh! I agree 100%! I am a BIG Christmas lover, but for goodness sakes...just WAIT until after Thanksgiving! :o)

Kim said...

That's pretty bad! However, I did buy a Christmas ornament last week. ;) But in my defense, stuff here sells out very quickly, and if you see something you like buy it now otherwise it will be gone! (Plus it was Dorthy's red slippers that said "there's no place like home," how could I pass that up!)