Tuesday, May 28, 2013

who wants to scream?

THIS GIRL.
 
while most people had a relaxing memorial day weekend, I deemed it "wrap up house projects" weekend.  OH MY.  one leads to another... and leads to another... and although i'm usually pretty good living in messy conditions, my studio has taken a hit and IT is driving me NUTS. 
 
"this too shall pass"
 
which is easy to say until the washing machine breaks...  there is this little part of me that wants to cry.  can't just one thing be easy?  we're getting this all done and going somewhere.  anywhere but here. 
 
I tried fixing the washer today.  I took the back off and everything... drained the hoses, dug around in the outtake valve all by my lonesome (I had to google how to do all this and look at help forums...) but to no avail.  I thought I found the problem but it didn't work.  dallas can have his turn.  by the way things work here, he will just have to look at it and it- and it will fix itself.  :)
 
here's what we did this weekend:


our neighbors wanted to put a new fence in.  I don't know why.  ours was only at a75* angle and broken off.  it looked JUST fine.  we're glad we did it.  not totally convenient timing but glad to get this all over at once!  AND!  I got to show off my dandelion growing skilz 


we have a fridge!
i took on the steps this weekend.  do i recommend this?
NO.  it takes a long time!
homemade stencils
patience (running low)
time
and not my best handiwork
(don't look too close)
when our buffet left this weekend our couches did too!  we knew we were going to sell them, but didn't know it would be this easy.  a moving crew and truck-- yes!  take them!  dallas and i adopted the dog beds for a night.  our table is now cleared off and we have actual seats to sit on now


i finally got permission to start moving this into my new cabinets!
i'm sure it will only take a couple hours. (ha)
today our countertops got templated.  yay!  i'm supposed to expect them next tues-thurs.  i gave the dude a bunch of chocolates. hopefully that caffeine speeds him up.  Monday?  nevertheless-- once they come in, the stove will go in and we will be DONE! 


then what?  we'll probably refinish our floors. 
and i'll cry because it still won't be done
but that's another story for another time.

No comments: