Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dinner is served

When you tell people you are doing a kitchen remodel, the most heard responses are, "you will go nuts without your kitchen sink!" "It was the worst time ever". "You're going to get sick of doing your dishes in the bathtub". "Out contractor took 14 weeks". "I'm so glad we never have to do that again". "Ugh". To which I wonder who these people really are. Because truth be told, (taking into consideration we are 2 weeks from being entirely done) this has been a wonderful experience. Here's why: I am an artisy type of person and don't care how dirty my house is, as long as I can look at colors and get to my studio. You don't have to clean during this process. At all. We practically had the entire neighborhood swing by unexpected yesterday and did anyone care how dirty is was? No. We are doing a kitchen remodel. Was I embarrassed? No. I have the greatest excuse. I'm going thru a kitchen remodel. I am so less stressed now. Do I have to worry about what s for dinner? Or having to do dishes? No. We are going thru a kitchen remodel. Do I have to worry about what to make for dinner? No. It's easy. Your options include, and are limited to: cereal, espresso, frozen cookies, chips and hummus, pizza, a sandwich, fruit or dog food. That's it. And none of them require dishes. So when people feel sorry for me going thru my kitchen remodel, I let them, but secretly love every guilt free minute of it!

Tonight's dinner options include: snicker doodle, sugar with cinnamon frosting, moms secret recipe, or pb wit chocolate drizzle. Bon apatite!

No comments: