Friday, September 12, 2008

1 down....

about 10 million to go.

since national cross is in KC again this year, my wonderful friends are again having an "eat delicious soups and drink wine and andi art show." this event is fabulous for everyone except me in the months leading up to it. i kind of uhm, well, didn't realize september was half over and have a lot more work to do!

yesterday on my fabulous day off i got a mosaic done. for those of you who don't know this pic is made up of tiny fragments of magazines all glued together. since this picture is a little smaller than i normally do most of it was done with tweezers. (yes, very ridiculous i agree)
if you like this picture and want to buy it, it will be for sale in december in KC this year. and if no one wants to buy it there then you can purchase it afterwards.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is absolutely amazing! I'll definately be in touch with you about doing a Melvin mosaic or painting. My mom wants to know if you ever run out of magazines? She gets about 10 million subscriptions and would be happy to donate.

Anonymous said...

will you please tell me the correct starting time for your race this year so i don't show up right after you finish? that would be great-thanks :)!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I am so excited you're coming back to KC!! I'll definately be there! I need to start saving my money now so I can actually buy one of your pieces this year!

-Kim

Sandy said...

amazing! how many hours?