Thursday, June 28, 2012

Here's whats up!

As many of you know, or may not know.... my job has been, well, a job.  It is somewhere for me to go every day.  For me, that's about all it was.  I enjoy meeting new people and love my co-workers, but it just so stagnant.  I wanted to learn or create, or do something else.  I'm fortunate enough to have Dallas, who gave me the freedom of doing whatever I wanted.  

So, as of April, I am the proud owner of:

 

The escape artist is a (very small!-- tiny!!!) LLC consisting of myself!  My website isn't up and  running----not quite yet.  The end of July is my goal.  (i'm legit--i have business cards!).  
Basically I can provide you:  
artwork (probably not a big seller, but you never know), 
interior painting
 and chocolates! 
 do you hate painting?  i don't.  
do you need chocolates (truffles) for:  thank you presents? christmas?  advertising for your company (i can print your logo on my boxes!)?  any occasion?  because you like chocolate?  maybe your dog or cat likes chocolate?  maybe they want to stare at my super cool truffle box? 
 i can make them for you. 

chocolates will be retailing in a boulder store starting September 1.  We're going to have 3 main staple flavors and 1 (or 2?) seasonal rotating flavors.  Painting--- i can do whenever you need it!  It's now my full time job!  as of Friday, July 29 3:00pm I'm no longer a medical assistant.

I've tried painting on the weekends and it became a cluster.  I've tried tempering chocolate at 11:00pm.  It was terrible.  Dallas told me to go for it-so i am! I'm excited, and nervous, but I'm SO happy and fortunate to have the freedom that i do.  THANK YOU DALLAS!  (and maybe we'll have food at our house, and our house will be clean and the laundry will be done more than every quarter and the yard will look nice, and i'll be in a better mood, and we can do cool things on the weekends, etc).  

how can you help?  

support, referrals, and chocolate sampling!  
(denver metro area only---i'm not mailing samples out, sorry.  my shipping system is not very sophisticated yet).


4 comments:

Sandy said...

yay! congrats!!! this is so right for you -- i hope things go well! Can't wait to see how things progress!!! thanks for the life update!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!
You've made it through the easy part. The next steps (3 forward, 2 back) will take patience and perseverance.

It may take a while to gain traction in the market place. Don't be discouraged. You've got talent. Go kid Go!

Sarah said...

Congrats Andi! I hope that it goes well and someday I need to commission some art from you!

Lisa Strong said...

If you are ever looking for pick up paint work we are always looking for fill-ins. I know there's still that grudge thing but I got over my part a long time ago and would love to have you around here and there if you need some new tips or refreshers, or just some work. Best of luck. Lisa