Thursday, August 25, 2011

run, andi, run!


tomorrow my team leaves at 4:00 am for the colorado relay.
i did this last year---it is really a fun time!
our team of 10 will run around 180 miles, mostly trail...
it just hurts
and yo'ure tired
and sweaty
and riding in a car for >24 hrs
but i can't wait!

a few weeks ago i got an email saying my old team was still needing runners. i said, "you've got to be kidding? yo'ure calling me?" (take in mind i'm just now getting back in shape from my horrendous bike accident last october which required several months of physical therapy)
i hadn't ran over 1 mile since then.
as of now i think i can fake 14 pretty well. it's going to be slow (2/3 of my legs are uphill) but it will be great! we start in breck and end in snowmass.
happy friday to everyone!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good luck! I'm not sure how you "fake" running 14 miles, but I'm sure you'll do great!