Monday, June 13, 2011

Ignorance is bliss

Since we had a rather (unwelcomed) eventful saturday night spent in the bathroom, we didnt make it out hiking so I thought of another item ive been waiting to get off my "things to do" list.  Why dont we park a car in idaho springs and ride there, over squaw pass, on our bikes?

Ignorance is bliss. I had no idea what my fat mouth signed up for. I know many a people do this in the triple bypass (not the heart surgery) but this ride taught me a few things:

1. Im fortunate to have married dallas. Not only does he agree to doing obsurd spontaneous things, he encourages me......even when im whining about the climb the entire way up (whats 5000+ ft of climbing anyway?)

2. Who am I kidding? Maybe I should be more physically fit to do such a ride. I need to start riding more

3.  It has been confirmed.  Yes, I STILL hate climbing. I know, big shocker out there.  Look at dallas and I. Do we look like we are built to be climbers? No. but downhill is sure fun (let me note that despite his size dallas is actually a very good climber).

No comments: